The Academy works in partnership with the Greggs Foundation and receives funding to support and provide a free breakfast club for all pupils from Nursery to Year 6 within the school. The Breakfast Club is very popular with pupils and provides a nutritious, varied menu on a daily basis.
Research shows the key benefits of a breakfast club are:
- Children have improved health and nutrition.
- Children have improved attendance and punctuality.
- Children are able to socialise and make friends.
- Children have better relations with school staff.
- Parents are less wary of school and are more likely to attend parents evenings.
- Children are able to concentrate better and results are improved
** extract from The Greggs Foundation website
We would like to thank the foundation for their continued funding and support for our Breakfast Club!
To find out more about the Greggs Foundation Scheme, please click the link below: