At Firthmoor Primary School, we believe that a uniform helps create good personal standards among pupils and a sense of being smart and ready for school. Our School uniform consists of:
- Red Sweatshirt or Cardigan
- Pale blue polo shirt for winter or summer (in the winter months a sweatshirt must be worn)
- Grey or black trousers / Skirt / Shorts
- Sensible shoes or trainers (no high heeled or strappy footwear)
- Red and White Gingham checked dresses (Summer months
Outdoor Fleeces, Shower proof Jackets and Storm Jackets are also available to order for each year group. P.E. bags may also be purchased from the school office.
All children should have a change of clothing and footwear for P.E.
- Red T-Shirt
- Black Shorts
- Plimsolls or non-marking trainers
A warm top or tracksuit may be worn for outdoor P.E. in the colder weather. Jewellery should not be worn for P.E. for health and safety reasons and long hair should be tied back.
Bags in school
Just a reminder about the school’s policy regarding bags in school.
Hanging/storage space is very restricted throughout the school. and on previous occasions, coats have been damaged when they have fallen to the floor due to bulky backpacks hanging on pegs. Fallen items also present a trip hazard as children move around the classroom.
The school policy is as follows;
- BACKPACKS OF ANY SIZE ARE NOT ALLOWED
- Packed lunches should be brought in a packed lunch box.
- Reading bags/plastic wallets should be used for books and homework (available online).
- P.E kit should be brought in a P.E bag/drawstring bag (available in school for cash, online via our website or some High Street shops) – a carrier bag is a cheap alternative to spare parents extra expense.
Our uniform is provided by Brigade Clothing Ltd or F&F from Tesco. You will find a link to both stores below so you can order directly from either supplier. The supplier will, depending on your choice at checkout, send your order to school free of charge for you to collect from us, or to your home for an extra charge.
Please note that only items displayed on the Firthmoor page of either supplier’s website is available with the Firthmoor logo, and any other items found elsewhere on the websites will not have this option.
It is common for sizes to differ from supplier to supplier, so please ensure you are satisfied that you are ordering the correct size. Once embroidered, uniform cannot be returned due to incorrect sizes being ordered. The school cannot be held responsible for any orders made through its website. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Jewellery and Hairstyles
We ask that parents and carers avoid extreme hairstyles, such as Mohican, patterned or brightly coloured hair. For health and Safety reasons, jewellery should be kept to a minimum, such as a watch or medical bracelet, and no necklaces should be worn. Pierced ears should have a small stud only. The school cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage to personal possessions